CrossFit Level 2 Trainer
CrossFit Kids Certified
CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
Sensei/Sifu William Chism
- San-Dan (3rd Degree) Isshinryu Karate. Belt Ranking issued by Master Stan Jones of Yozona Martial Arts and is on file.
- Sho-Dan (1st Degree) Bushido Kenpo. Belt Ranking issued by Grandmaster Gary Dill of the Jeet Kune Do Association, and is on file.
Alternate Training & Study
- Trained in Urban Combat and Street Fighting
- Trained and Certified in Anti-Terrorist and Military Combat
- Extensive study in Jeet Kune Do and Tae-Kwon-Do.
- Studied in Boxing, Mixed Martial Arts, Capoeira, Kenpo, & multiple other styles
- Weapons training includes knives, staff, inanimate objects, swords and assorted weaponry
Background & Information
I have been a martial arts student and practitioner since I was 5 years of age. My training began with my father, Dr. Nathaniel Chism (Black Belt Hall of Fame Inductee 1992, and 2003 Martial Arts Hall of Fame Master Instructor of the Year). My training began in Jeet Kune Do, a style made famous by its movie star leader Bruce Lee. I studied in Jeet Kune Do off and on for most of my school years until approx 1998. In 1998 I began to study under Stan Jones of Yozona Martial arts in Isshinryu Karate. I trained in Isshinryu, and earned Sho-Dan (1st Degree Black) in 2000, along with an Instructor title. I continued to develop both martial arts styles, as well as expanded into Urban Combat with Bushido Kenpo under Grandmaster Gary Dill. I earned certificates in Urban Combat Training, Practical Self Defense, and Anti-Terrorist Military Tactics. I earned my Sho-Dan (1st Degree Black) in Bushido Kenpo in 2003. My training and study continues to date.
I have taught multiple classes throughout the years. In 1999 I taught for a year as a Student Instructor at Hayes Junior High School for an after school program, followed by elementary school age children classes. I have been invited to lecture, as well as teach practical self defense classes for churches, summer camps, and after school programs.
I believe in simple, but effective techniques that anyone can use to defend themselves. I believe in practicing a mixed regimen of physical and mental training to help one overcome any of life’s barriers.